Technical Description of a Computer
Computers are basically all around us now and they have become part of our daily living. Not only can it perform calculations much more quickly than a person can, it can also do many complex tasks simultaneously. Thanks to the computers, they help us make the complicated jobs much easier, help us to do tasks quicker and communicate with friends and family with one click, and play a significant role in the school system as well. The computer has significantly changed our world.
Perhaps you already know how to use a computer, but how familiar are you with what’s inside of it? There isn’t any single part called the “computer. ” A computer is a system of many parts working together. The computer is made up of two main parts, hardware and software. Hardware is the physical parts that you can touch and see. Software, on the other hand, refers to the instructions, or programs, that tell the hardware what to do. In the following article, I am going to introduce to you the main parts of a computer.
These components include input devices, output devices, a system unit, and storage devices. An input device is any hardware component that allows you to enter data and instructions into a computer. Five widely used input devices are the keyboard, mouse, microphone, scanner, and Web cam.
* Keyboard- A keyboard is used mainly for typing text into your computer.
* Mouse- A mouse is a small handheld device which you control movement of a small symbol and make selections on the screen.
* Microphone- It allows you to speak into the computer. Scanner- A scanner converts printed material (such as text and pictures) into a form the computer can use.
* Web cam- A Web cam is a digital video camera that allows you to create movies or take pictures and store them on the computer instead of on tape or film. An output device is any hardware component that conveys information to one or more people. Three commonly used output devices are a printer, a monitor, and speakers
* Printer- A printer transfers data from a computer onto paper. * Monitor- A monitor displays text, graphics, and videos on a screen . Speakers- Speakers are used to play sound. The system unit is the core of a computer system. Two main components are the processor and memory.
* Processor- The processor, also called a CPU (central processing unit), is the electronic component that interprets and carries out the basic instructions that operate the computer, which acts as the “brain” of your computer.
* Memory- Memory consists of electronic components that store instructions waiting to be executed. A storage device is a device for storing data and information.
Get help with your homework
We'll occasionally send you account related and promo emails