Evaluation for the system created
Looking back at my tables, I think that the layout was most appropriate for the purpose because I feel that the final result is fantastic. I managed to put in all the information that I think was required. Although, I think that if I had had more time to design the tables, I think my tables would look more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
As looking at my tables, I have realised that all of them look plain. When I started putting the data into the tables, I found out that some of the boxes had a limited number of characters that could be input, and for some categories, I needed to put in more information. If I could have designed the tables again, I probably would have added a bigger allowance of characters so that I could easily write full length descriptors. I did not find anything I had done using the tables easy, because I found them straight forward, and easy to manage.
Working with the joining tables was easy because all we had to do was go through a set up wizard that guided us through what we needed to do. Without the step by step wizard, I think this task would have been rather difficult.
For my coursework, I have done standard letters which is the promotional letter and also the renewal. I am happy with my renewal and promotional letters because using mail merge, I think that my letters both look legitimate because the logo, address, date and time make the letter look structured. Creating the letters was also easy for me because there was nothing too complicated. We just needed good English language skills in order to type up a successful letter that looked genuine, and well structured. I don’t think there is anything that I really need to improve because I like my letters on the whole- they definitely live up to the high standards that I aspire to achieve throughout all of my work.
The mail merge part of the promotional and renewal letters was a task that I found challenging, yet enjoyable. Making the letter in this way showed me how to create an end result that looked professional and sophisticated. To improve my letters, I could have improved my knowledge on the structure of letters before doing the letter myself so that could have completed the task quicker, in order to move on to the next task.
The documentation I produced was very effective in that I feel if I were to use this to access something on the computer, I strongly believe it would be easy to follow. I have given a full explanation for each step to step guide, which makes it easy to understand and carry out.
I had to create an automatic way of recording staff details. This was easy for me because I just had to enter all of the information that I needed. This involved entering the staff names, address, postcode and occupation or category. The only difficulty that can be associated with making the tables was actually inputting the information in design view. I found this hard because I was unsure where the data would all go. Other than that, I don’t think this was a hard task as I completed it successfully.
I did a report on the ages of the customers. This was successful as I was able to use the ages of the customers to put the customers in age groups to send them promotional letters and renewal letters. This was easy because I just had to enter the date of birth of the customers. Once I entered this is the queries, I was able to have tables with people of a certain age.
This is an example of one of the age queries. This example shows two people from the old age pensioner category.
The joining table for staff and equipment was one of the tasks I found difficult at first because it was a long procedure creating the initial joining table. But, again, I found that once I had become familiar with the process and it was fairly easy to use so I think I can make other joining stables without any difficulties.
In unit 2c I produced my first promotional letters and renewal letters. These were good, but in order to make them better, I could have included other key components, such as adding more detail to the standard letters. For example, on the promotional letters, I could have used persuasive language to try and convince the people reading the letter to join the gym, and I could have probably incorporated the implications on the peoples’ lives if they choose not to join the gym.
Improvements that can be made to the system
Backing up data
* The first improvement that can be made is that the system could be backed up to ensure that none of the information is lost through misplacing or just misinterpretation:
Utilising a Universal serial bus
* This can be achieved by using making taking it upon ones self to use a USB (universal serial bus) to comply the work with ease. This will mean that if any data is lost, the original can be retrieved from the universal serial bus. An alternative can be just by making a back up of all the information on the computer by clicking back up all information in the intended folder
Make fields shorter
* To make my searches more efficient, the major find like the address could be made shorter. This will be a fantastic time-saver because if you needed to look for a certain address quickly, you could just search for the correct address; without having to read through the street name, location etcetera.
* This can be achieved by just entering the postcode of the location you are trying to find.