3. On what lobe of the brain is the primary auditory cortex located & 4. The subarachnoid space lies between what two layers of meninges? & 5. Where are the vital centers for control of heart rate, respiration and blood pressure located? & see the descrip
The primary auditory cortex
– is located within the temporal lobe, where it receives and processes auditory information.
On what lobe of the brain is the primary auditory cortex located?
arachnoid and pia
The subarachnoid space lies between what two layers of meninges?
The vital centers for the control of heart rate, respiration, and blood pressure are located in the_________
interhemispheric fissure or the longitudinal fissure
What is the name of the fissure that separates the cerebral hemispheres?
frontal and parietal lobes
What lobes that the central sulcus separate?
frontal lobe, parietal lobe, occipital lobe, and temporal lobe
Which structures are located in the cerebral cortex?
– is the anteroinferior region of the diencephalon
– is a section of the brain responsible for hormone production
– part of the brain controls thirst, temperature and endocrine activity
– controls body temperature. control of food and water intake, hunger and thirst
– What separates the frontal lobe from the temporal lobe?
– andName the Anatomical Groove E
– aka motor speech
– is located in most individuals within the inferolateral portion of the left frontal lobe
– This region is responsible for regulating the patterns of breathing and controlling the muscular movements necessary for vocalization.
– Controls language expression – an area of the frontal lobe, usually in the left hemisphere, that directs the muscle movements involved in speech.
Which part of the cerebral cortex is involved in intellect, cognition, recall and personality
What part of the brain controls thirst, temperature and endocrine activity
vagus nerve (CN X)
90% of all parasympathetic fibers arise from what cranial nerve?